Aloha from Hawaii!

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
Valleyisle

Aloha from Hawaii!

Post by Valleyisle »

Sorry for the senior moment....I realized that I have posted a few comments without a formal introduction.

Woodworking has been my life hobby as well as a profession as a carpenter/builder since I was 18 yrs, young. Retired as a Commercail Building Inspector for the government and love the smell of fresh cut wood....to a degree, I have been repairing string instruments for quite awhile doing ukuleles, shamisen rebuilds,restretching skin string instruments, guitars, set-ups, restorations, refinishing from basic lacquers, tints to French polishing. Engraving, gem stone enlays, and pretty much whatever my close friends needed. I don't run a business but my musical entertaining family and musician friends seem to rely on me for repairs and rebuilds which seemed okay when I had the time. Recently back a year I started to think about leaving some requested ukuleles and a couple of guitars for my musical family. And now I'm more serious about it all... I am 65 years young I would like to say, 'with a passion to contine to the end.'
I could not find the time to build for myself until recently when I retired seven years ago and started my little home hobby that now demands more time. I guess if I add up all the repairs and refinishes that I have done,.....it just might equal to a few ukuleles and about three guitars, multiple odds and ends in various repairs and wood working.....so here I am.
Hopefully I can contributre my minimal learnings, shortcuts, and self taught experiences, as well as learn from fellow interested members of this great forum. Thank you very much!
tippie53

Re: Aloha from Hawaii!

Post by tippie53 »

saw dust is good for what ails you. Glad you joined up and enjoy. Share your mistakes , as we know we can't make them all ourselves.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com