Hi all! About to get started on a Stew Mac kit in Maryland, USA

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
sixesandsevens

Hi all! About to get started on a Stew Mac kit in Maryland, USA

Post by sixesandsevens »

Hi all!

I'm Jim. I've been doing setups on my guitars for years and late last year started assembling partscasters (prefinished bodies). I've been happy with the results so I decided it was time to move up to acoustics. I started with the bodybuilt dreadnought kit from stewmac and will probably get started next weekend.

Thank you all for hosting this place and providing all of the wisdom and guidance that you have to others that have come before me on this journey!
Last edited by sixesandsevens on Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEETERFAN

Re: Hi all! About to get started on a Stew Mac kit in Maryland, USA

Post by TEETERFAN »

Welcome aboard! Tons to read here and lots of helpful people. Ask a lot of questions, everyone is gappy to share their experiences and information. Good Luck!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
BlindBo

Re: Hi all! About to get started on a Stew Mac kit in Maryland, US

Post by BlindBo »

Welcome Jim. You should really enjoy this forum. As Kevin said, there is tons of info here and everyone is happy to share their knowledge. This is the first place I check when I have a question.
sixesandsevens

Re: Hi all! About to get started on a Stew Mac kit in Maryland, USA

Post by sixesandsevens »

Awesome! Thank you all. I'm so glad to be welcomed here.

I was on travel for a week or so and am back now and just waiting on the kit to acclimate to my "workshop" before I get started.