Supplier Check - Oregon Wildwoods

What're You Doing?
PSmill

Supplier Check - Oregon Wildwoods

Post by PSmill »

I guess buying wood is part of building procedures? Wondering if anyone has used Oregon Wildwoods? Looking at getting a myrtlewood drop top from them. Thanks for info on any experiences with them.
rcnewcomb

Re: Supplier Check - Oregon Wildwoods

Post by rcnewcomb »

I purchased from them a few years ago. No issues.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out - another good day in the shop
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Same with me. I bought a few sets of Myrtle a couple of years ago. The wood was as advertised and service decent.-Bob
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

I bought some extremely curly cedar I think it was a few years ago. It proved to be impossible to bend successfully, at least by me. I wrote to them and said they ought to warn people that it was very difficult to work with, or something along those lines. I didn't expect them to do anything about it for me, but they responded with an offer to send me some straight-grain sides for the cost shipping. Based on my experience, i'd say they are a good company.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
PSmill

Post by PSmill »

thanks!!
PSmill

Post by PSmill »

Hi, Reporting back I did have a pretty good experience with them, bought a drop-top myrtle set. It's quite nice, although the coloration is not well represented on their site. The wood is much more of a pale blonde than I expected. Thought it would have more orange/reddish to it. The set that arrived had a crack on one edge, which limited the options in how to use it, so they gave me a pretty good partial refund. As an aside the shipping was outrageous, combined with the exchange rate and customs, it's getting really hard to buy from the states, if shipping at least is not free. P