Birdhouse project

What're You Doing?
ruby@magpage.com

Birdhouse project

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

I am building a soprano uke shaped birdhouse for a local small-town art event. I need a couple of pieces of wood, thicknessed, and am asking if anyone in the group has nasty looking but reasonable wood they want to sell.

I need a top and back, and sides. The top and back are 7" X 10" and could be in 2 pieces at 3-1/2" X 10". The sides are 2-1/2" X 13", and there are, of course, 2 of them.

Top and back should be about .10" or a little thicker, and the sides should be about .060"

I am thinking perhaps some maple, maybe with some defects in the top and back, but the sides should be good enough to bend.

Anybody have such scraps around?

Happy New Year

Ed
Ed M
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Birdhouse project

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Ed, I have pieces of black walnut that are about 36" long x 2 1/2 to 3" wide. They're about 1/8", but i can put them through the thickness sander. They're yours if you want them.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I might be able to come up with some cherry as well.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Diane

Very generous - I can make a 3 piece top and back no problem. The walnut sounds like a winner. Perhaps thickness one of them to .060" and leave 2 more at the 1/8". I will PM my address - think about a tool that you need in exchange.

Ed
Ed M