Neck Fit: The Tenon is Too Long

What're You Doing?
Darryl Young

Re: Neck Fit: The Tenon is Too Long

Post by Darryl Young »

Very nice bridge Martin.....similar to what Mario builds. I'm not aware of the pros and cons of long vs short saddles. I've heard Mario mention that his design gives the benfits of both.....but I don't know what those benefits are.
Slacker......
enalnitram

Re: Neck Fit: The Tenon is Too Long

Post by enalnitram »

Darryl Young wrote:Very nice bridge Martin.....similar to what Mario builds. I'm not aware of the pros and cons of long vs short saddles. I've heard Mario mention that his design gives the benfits of both.....but I don't know what those benefits are.
I can't take credit for the bridge. John Hall sent it to me. He cut off the belly of a standard Martin-sized bridge. He either made that or bought it.

It's the same as were on 00-17's in the 30's, which is what I was trying to copy. Mario's have angled sides to them. It's how he individualizes it, I suppose. But knowing Mario, there may be a benefit to the way he does it, that he could articulate, and very well.

Pyramid bridges look cool, but it seems to me the added mass on the sides would detract, if only a little.