Vertical height from bridge area to fretboard plane

What're You Doing?
harmonics31

Vertical height from bridge area to fretboard plane

Post by harmonics31 »

My Classical LMI Built status - just finished routing the binding and pufling channels. I plan to glue the pufling and binding this coming weekend (if my friends do not visit me with beers) :-)I sanded my fretboard down to 5.5mm at the nut and 5mm at the sound hole.Anyway, thinking about the vertical distance from the soundboard to the bottom of the straightedge at 650mm from the nut, these are the following factors that may be affected by this vertical distance-bridge will be standing shorter/taller compared to the surface of the un-fretted fretboard if this height were larger/smaller.-if this vertical distance were higher, then the angle formed between the tie block and the saddle would be likely to 45 degree, even when the action were to be low.-However, if this vertical height is way too much, then it would required a taller saddle. Too much saddle material sticking out of the bridge would not look nice.Thanks all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been posted from pMachine.You can read the old posts in the pMachine forum: http://www.KitGuitarsForum.com/forum/th ... 58_0_6_0_C