Project at a standstill

What're You Doing?
Woody OKeefe

Re: Project at a standstill

Post by Woody OKeefe »

John and Ken,
Thanks for your replies.
Ken, yes the neck attaches at the 14th fret.
I need to think about this. My first instinct is to go with the easy fix , especially because I have large hands and working inside the guitar is difficult. It took me 2 days to re-glue a loose tone bar in my first guitar.
John you have built over 100 guitars and I'm on my 2nd. what seems easy and correct to you scares me. I have ruined the first top for this guitar, but salvaged it as a clock, so I am a little nervous.
I'll be out of town for a week so I'll have time to ponder. I'll let you know.

Thanks again to you both
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

I understand . Do fret over it . You will find what is best for you.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

He fretted it already. The problem is the bridge plate.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

that was a pun
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

tippie53 wrote:that was a pun
There is nothing punny about this situation. The man has a serious problem with his bridge plate. Although, I do think I should point out, and not to offend anyone, but its spelled with an "f" not a "p" as in, Fun or Funny. Not pun or punny. But I went with the p so as to not contradict your spelling.

Disclaimer:Everything I said in this post has been an attempt at humor. Except the part about the bridge plate snafu. Thats real and really not funny.
Bruce Dow

Post by Bruce Dow »

phunny.

(maybe we need a few emoticons... ;-) (wink) )
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

I broke down and put out the big bucks for the Oxford English dictionary. I love it for many reasons, but finding out how words have been used thru history is a big reason. Here's a little from the entry for "pun'
DaveB

Hence (nonce-words) "punless a., void of puns; "punkin rare, "punlet, a little pun; "punnage, punning; "punnic, "punnical adjs., of, pertaining to, or characterized by puns; "punnigram [after epigram], a punning saying or mot; pu"nnology, the subject or study of puns.

"1866 H. James in Atlantic Monthly XVII. 197/2 Blunt and I made atrocious puns. I believe, indeed, that Miss Blunt herself made one little *punkin, as I called it."
"1716 Swift (folio broadsheet), God's Revenge against Punning.+ [Signed] ‘the *Punless and Penyless J. Baker, Knight’." "1864 Realm 6 Apr. 8 Let our ingenious dramatists try their hands at a punless burlesque with some real fun and interest in it." "1819 Coleridge in Lit. Rem. (1836) II. 287 The *punlet, or pun-maggot, or pun intentional." "a1849 Poe Marginalia Wks. 1864 III. 564 Such chapters of *punnage as Hood was in the daily practice of committing to paper." "1713 Birch Guard. No. 36 heading, What Rebuses exalt the *Punnic fame!" "1721 Amherst Terræ Fil. xxxix. (1754) 204 Punning is not intirely banish'd from the pulpit.+ Some persons have alledged+that this pun-ick art is of divine institution." "1780 R. Graves Euphrosyne II. 150 *Punnical." "1835 Tait's Mag. II. 420 Much that is merry and wise, punnical and entertaining." "1888 Huxley in Life (1900) II. xiii. 211 You+have already made all possible epigrams and *punnigrams on the topic." "a1744 Pope (Jod.), He might have been better instructed in the Greek *punnology." "1826 Examiner 179/2 The extreme antiquity of some of the described incidents and punnology."
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

G are we stringing each other along about fretting over some issues on a guitar ?
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

deadedith wrote:I broke down and put out the big bucks for the Oxford English dictionary. I love it for many reasons, but finding out how words have been used thru history is a big reason. Here's a little from the entry for "pun'
DaveB

Hence (nonce-words) "punless a., void of puns; "punkin rare, "punlet, a little pun; "punnage, punning; "punnic, "punnical adjs., of, pertaining to, or characterized by puns; "punnigram [after epigram], a punning saying or mot; pu"nnology, the subject or study of puns.

"1866 H. James in Atlantic Monthly XVII. 197/2 Blunt and I made atrocious puns. I believe, indeed, that Miss Blunt herself made one little *punkin, as I called it."
"1716 Swift (folio broadsheet), God's Revenge against Punning.+ [Signed] ‘the *Punless and Penyless J. Baker, Knight’." "1864 Realm 6 Apr. 8 Let our ingenious dramatists try their hands at a punless burlesque with some real fun and interest in it." "1819 Coleridge in Lit. Rem. (1836) II. 287 The *punlet, or pun-maggot, or pun intentional." "a1849 Poe Marginalia Wks. 1864 III. 564 Such chapters of *punnage as Hood was in the daily practice of committing to paper." "1713 Birch Guard. No. 36 heading, What Rebuses exalt the *Punnic fame!" "1721 Amherst Terræ Fil. xxxix. (1754) 204 Punning is not intirely banish'd from the pulpit.+ Some persons have alledged+that this pun-ick art is of divine institution." "1780 R. Graves Euphrosyne II. 150 *Punnical." "1835 Tait's Mag. II. 420 Much that is merry and wise, punnical and entertaining." "1888 Huxley in Life (1900) II. xiii. 211 You+have already made all possible epigrams and *punnigrams on the topic." "a1744 Pope (Jod.), He might have been better instructed in the Greek *punnology." "1826 Examiner 179/2 The extreme antiquity of some of the described incidents and punnology."
Stop "Pun"ishing us:)
Tim Benware
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

It's the most Pun-derful time of the year!