electronic kits

edbanas

electronic kits

Post by edbanas »

I am building a GuitarFetish replica of a Gibson ES 335. Very nice wood. Quite a bit of fitting to get the neck to sit properly. I want to replace the electronics package (switches, pots, capacitors, etc.) with quality equipment. Is anyone been extremely happy with some other company's electronics? Also, this guitar is for one of my sons. We keep going back and forth over which pickups to use. I am a classical guitar player..sort of... I annoy sure what to use to get an original ES335 sound. Any suggestions?
Diane Kauffmds

Re: electronic kits

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi.

I wish I had an answer for you, but you might want to search the internet for a Gibson forum. Perhaps you'll find some information. I'm sure that others on this forum will chime in, if they have information for you.

Hope this helps a little.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Mal-2

Post by Mal-2 »

What year of 335 are you shooting for? Gibson has experimented more with pickups than they have with anything else, and they've made them for a long time, so there are many varieties to choose from.
Kbore

Post by Kbore »

Stewart Macdonald sells OEM electronics components like CTS pots, CDE Orange drop caps, and OG switches. The site has a lot of information on electric components that I think you will find helpful in selecting replacements for your electronics. You're going to again get to choose what values of pots, caps and filters to use, be forewarned.
Measure Twice,

Karl B
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

find other suppliers than Stew mac great service but I always seem to have to send things back a few times. You are aware that Stew Mac was sold a few years ago.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Stewmac customer service has changed. I live 35 miles from stewmac, so I usually take a ride to pick up my orders. They're not as accommodating as they used to be. Customer service lacks knowledge.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com