Figured EIR/Torrified Adirondack Dreadnought

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Diane Kauffmds

Figured EIR/Torrified Adirondack Dreadnought

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

On Oct 19, I've been invited to a get together of WV Luthiers, during a heritage music festival in Elkins, WV. They'll have a table for me, and an area for me to display guitars. So, I'm putting my nose to the grindstone to finish 2 guitars that I have already partially built, and I've started 2 new guitars. Along with Delilah, my second guitar built from WV woods, I hope to have 5 guitars total on hand.

This is going to be an upscale guitar. Made of figured EIR, this 14-fret 24.9" scale length dreadnough, features 1937 Martin style, forward shifted adi bracing. The top is torrifidied Adirondack spruce. The burly chesnut rosette has a thin abalone ring inlaid. I chose purpleheart for the end graft and binding, because the EIR has a lot of purple. I'm going to install the rose vine fretboard that I designed and inlaid a while back.

I got her bound yesterday. Today, I've sanded her. Tomorrow, I'll rout the dovetail mortise to fit the neck.

Updae: I finished sanding the box and I've applied 2 wash coats of shellac. I replaced the original photos with new ones.
PicsArt_09-14-10.10.09.jpg
PicsArt_09-14-10.10.38.jpg
PicsArt_09-14-10.11.09.jpg
PicsArt_09-14-10.11.32.jpg
PicsArt_09-14-10.09.46.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Figured EIR/Torrified Adirondack Dreadnought

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Coming together. I've fitted the neck and now I'm pore filling.
PicsArt_09-20-10.12.04.jpg
PicsArt_09-21-12.50.01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com