The Twins - #s 3 & 4 - 000-28s

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: The Twins - #s 3 & 4 - 000-28s

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Looking great!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
twenty2late

Re: The Twins - #s 3 & 4 - 000-28s

Post by twenty2late »

I have decided to finish these 1 at a time, because I found out just how tiring french polishing can be! Got everything on the first one, but still have a lot of work to do before I'm happy. I just wanted to get some tension on it and make sure it wasn't going to explode on me first!

Still need to...wet sand the top really good, and finish polishing it...to include the areas that I scratched. Finishing the fret work. And...I need to take the nut down after going through the complete set-up steps. Currently, I am dead-on 1/2 inch string height at the bridge. However relief is a good bit off and I'm not even close to finished with the nut. It sounds really good already, except on the 5th and 6th strings, which I imagine will sound better once I put more than a slight groove in them!

On a brighter note...I LOVE my new headstock design, and the strings have tons of clearance to the nut!

V/R
Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.