Amrosia and Redwood OM for my grandson

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
johnnparchem

Re: Amrosia and Redwood OM for my grandson

Post by johnnparchem »

I just love the combination you have of the amrosia and the redwood. I am really looking forward to seeing it with shellac.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Thanks John, it is turning out nicer than I imagined. I think the warm look of the shellac will be perfect too. I just hope it sounds good!
I've never built a guitar this fast. I started on May 2 I think.
Kevin Sjostrand

Fret work is done and the neck just needs some final sanding before porefilling, which I will do with mahogany sawdust and shellac.
The bridge is made. It is Indian Ebony. I'll locate the bridge with two indexing pins on the top tonight and mask the glue surface off. I'll also mask off the gluing area for the fretboard extension, then tomorrow I'll do some final sanding on the body and begin to French Polish. The only wood with pores is the walnut binding and I'll fill that with shellac and some light sanding as I begin to apply shellac on the sides.
I'll put on some more pictures tomorrow!
Kevin Sjostrand

The french polishing is going good. I'm almost done with the body, just a few more sessions on one of the sides.
I'll let it sit for about a week, then level sand one more time and hand polish. I'll start porefilling and finishing the neck tonight.
Less than 3 weeks till this one has to be done!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

very nice!
John J

Post by John J »

That is going to be a real head turner. I have some redwood I'll be trying soon. I'm anxious to know how it sounds.
Learning every day.