My take on a 1943 Style Southerner Jumbo ADI/Sinker Hog

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: My take on a 1943 Style Southerner Jumbo ADI/Sinker Hog

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Nice work, very attractive guitar.
kelley71

Post by kelley71 »

Thank you sir. I strung it up. It sounds just like an old Gibson. I am happy with it. I took the neck back off for some tweaks and touch up finish. That was my 4th guitar. We learn more each one.

I have one more to build that I stopped, then I may have to sell a few to make room. I have just built all my dream guitars.

I will say, I bought that Stew Mac 3 tuner hole jig, and it made the tunnel drilling very easy, I wish I had bought it on number one.

Best regards,
kelley71

Post by kelley71 »

Hi folks,

I am just about done with this one. This might be the best playing guitar I have built. My Brazilian Adi dream sound amazing. This sinker mahogany with adirondack top just sings so clear like a bell. I built it light. I strung it with Marquis Mediums replacing the 13 with a 12 on the E. I will post complete photo set in the show off section once I call it 100% done.

I want to thank Mr. Hall and Mr. Howard for answering my finishing questions. I really liked the Seagrave Nitro. It build a lot faster than the Behlens and Cardinal I feel. The Behlens is the easiest to spray. I think I am a converted guy. It is more expensive but what is 15 extra dollars on a hobby?

Best regards,
13443125_10156981125245024_8442193840346567015_o-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.