BRW/Torrified Adi OM. My First Commissioned Build

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: BRW/Torrified Adi OM. My First Commissioned Build

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

FINALLY.

I've taken a big step forward. After a couple of delays, I finally have a place to work. As ridiculous as it sounds, this is a part of this build. I need organization. The wood you see on the workbench is the torrified adi that will be used in this build. I have to go out of town tomorrow, so the build will start on Thursday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Looking forward to seeing the guitar built. Looks like you have a clean start to your work space. I am horribly messy, I try to clean up when starting a new instrument, but I am able to clean or organize for a short while before I am distracted by something in the shop ... and away I go.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I'm must have a bit of OCD in me. I keep a clean area and put my tools away after use. It's difficult to do that when you have no space though.

I'm looking forward to starting.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

Ok this is TOO NEAT I will send along a bag of sawdust you can fling into the air. That should make it look better
LMAO
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

tippie53 wrote:Ok this is TOO NEAT I will send along a bag of sawdust you can fling into the air. That should make it look better
LMAO
Hahahaha!!!

OH NO YOU DON'T Mr. Guitar Guru!!!

I have a separate area for sanding. I like neat. I'll actually find my tools instead of searching for an hour.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

If I took a pic of my shop right now and put it on here I think Diane you would probably throw up!
So I better not do that, but neat it is not...........and my wife is not happy about it. :)
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

we don't charge for dust HEhehe
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Today was "moving" day. Starting at 0500 this morning, I made too many trips to count up and down steps, everywhere from the third floor to the basement.

There is still work that will be done; the extension cords will be gone. Another 2 shop lights will be installed, but it's ready for work.

If you think I was exaggerating, here are 4 of the tool bags on the table that I had to empty (and they were full). I didn't bother to take photos of the smaller plastic tool chests. I can actually see my dining room table now. I had a pile of garbage to get rid of, but I managed to get everything in here with room to work.

I bought a well built adjustable chair, which will adjust upward 6". However, even though I'm 5'8", the seat was too high, so I took the covering off of the seat and cut the foam by 3".

Until I get some shelving in, there is plenty of room to store wood on the shelf under the work table. I still need to make drawer dividers.
2016-04-07 19.03.56.jpg
2016-04-07 19.05.03.jpg
2016-04-07 19.05.31.jpg
2016-04-07 19.04.27.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

My shop does not look like that...! My shop would likely drive you bonkers in short order because it's such a mess.

I am organizationally challenged, and always have been. It's a problem.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Finally, the first step of building has begun. The top plate has been joined. It'll remain braced until tomorrow afternoon, to ensure proper adhesion of the torrified halves.

Shooting:
shooting.jpg
Inspection at window:
insp yes.jpg
Humidity check:
humidity.JPG
Getting ready to glue:
2.JPG
Bracing after gluing:
5.JPG
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars