StewMac 000 kit build so far

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
benjaminbusack

Re: StewMac 000 kit build so far

Post by benjaminbusack »

Checking neck radius with paper template. Does anyone know if it's ok to apply a nitro finish over a minwax stained neck?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benjaminbusack

Post by benjaminbusack »

Decided to radius the end of the fretboard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benjaminbusack

Post by benjaminbusack »

Didn't wreck it, that 4.5 inch hole saw was a little scary. Probably should've done this a little sooner but it was an afterthought.
benjaminbusack

Post by benjaminbusack »

Bridge clamped in place, hope it's right. There are lots of different opinions/methods for getting the compensation correct. The biggest difference I noticed between the methods is whether to compensate to the front of the saddle or the middle of the slot. I stuck with what I interpreted the StewMac drawings to say. It was a little difficult to decide if they meant middle of the slot side to side or front to back.
benjaminbusack

Post by benjaminbusack »

You can see in this picture the two nails I used for locating pins for the bridge, drilled a couple of holes in the saddle slot and through the top so the bridge wouldn't move while the glue dried. The idea for the saddle slot holes came from this forum somewhere.
benjaminbusack

Post by benjaminbusack »

Waverly Snakewood tuners!
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

very nice, good Idea using a hole saw. Looks like you are ready to string it up.
benjaminbusack

Post by benjaminbusack »

Ready for strings and set up.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Nice looking guitar!
benjaminbusack

Post by benjaminbusack »

Thank you Phil,
Don't look too closely! I see every flaw of course. I used to have a nice Taylor KOA 420 that played beautifully, my hopes are that this one will be a contender. I'm sure more kits are in my future.