A classical guitar for Wayne!

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: A classical guitar for Wayne!

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Oh boy, that's certainly a pitfall when doing commissioned work for a friend. But like you said, you can still sell it if need be. It looks good Kevin.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

BTW, have you sent him many of these photos? It's just my opinion, but I think he'd be more inclined to take the guitar when he sees the care and work that you're pouring into this build on his behalf, as well as seeing the beauty of the guitar coming together . I would keep him up to date very frequently with photos (a couple of times per week). It builds anticipation.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Yikes! Keep building it looks like it will be such a nice guitar that Wayne would be missing an opportunity to buy it. I really like the pictures of your work on the neck.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Good idea Diane, he is leaving the central coast today to drive back to Boise, so hopefully I'll hear from him by the time he arrives home.

So I am going ahead with the build at this point.
Last night I thicknessed the sides down to .080" on my drum sander, and got the first side in the bender. Started bending the waist at 250 degrees and did the bouts at 300.
I didn't hear any cracking!!!! I left the side in over night and will take it out and do the other tonight.
Kevin Sjostrand

Side came out tonight, fits pretty good, all is well and then second side is in the bender.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

Both sides bent, end block glued in and the sides are now attached to the neck.
Next to clean up the side sanding to about 180 grit, then to radius the back on the 15 Ft. radius dish and install the kerfing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I can't wait to see this one done Kevin. Maple takes on such a depth when it's finished.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Kevin Sjostrand

Back is radiused, top and back kerfing is installed, and the top kerfing is flush with the sides.

This is kerfing that I made!!
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

It's going to be a beautiful guitar Kevin.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Kevin, great looking build! I've been away from the site for awhile, nice to see some great builds still getting done.