A "Norman Blake" style OM

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
John J

Re: A "Norman Blake" style OM

Post by John J »

More pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I didn't know they made a foot pedal for the dremel. I'll have to look into that. Looks like you and I use the same inlay bits. The clover soundports are a very nice touch.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
John J

Post by John J »

Diane Kauffmds wrote:I didn't know they made a foot pedal for the dremel. I'll have to look into that. Looks like you and I use the same inlay bits. The clover soundports are a very nice touch.

I just bought the pedal from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... oot+Switch

I cut the sound ports with my inlay set up. A nod to my Irish side.
Learning every day.
John J

Post by John J »

Starting on the finish. Padding on Royal Lac again. I think I was laying it down too thick last time. The cherry really pops.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

Nice! I like the cherry.
Slacker......
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

foot pedals - - - HF sells two versions that look alike but perform differently: one is 'on' only when depressed, otherwise 'off', the other switches on with one tap and off with the next tap. Both are inexpensive. I bought the second one and it seems to work well without stiffness. Decent cord length.
peter havriluk
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Wow, it's looking great! I'm going to look into the foot pedal; it would help a lot with inlay. Thanks for the information.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com