#2 Solid Mahogany kit from Blues Creek

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Benjy

Re: #2 Solid Mahogany kit from Blues Creek

Post by Benjy »

I pore filled the body Friday night, Saturday morning I sanded it all off. I had to leave for the 4th. Sunday afternoon I had the body ready to spray and it started freaking raining. No spraying lacquer with high humidity so now delayed to Monday.

Monday morning I got everything ready and applied a couple coats of clear I let that dry for an hour and applied a couple more. I let it dry for about 4 hours and sanded the clear until I started to see the wood. I then reapplied more clear. After about an hour I drop filled clear into the pores that still needed filling. I will let this dry until next Saturday then do it all again!

I am now working on fitting the fret board to the neck and getting the neck ready to refinish.

I am really pleased with how everything is looking and fitting! John did an awesome job getting this together for me! I love the Mahogany top with the abalone purfling and rosette!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

After the second round of sanding and clearing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kelley71

Post by kelley71 »

Beautiful work sir!
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

I sanded down the body and neck again this weekend. I put a few more coats of clear on the body. I still have a couple of small imperfections so I drop filled them with lacquer. I will give it a few more days and then I will get serious with some sanding and buffing! Can't wait to get this one together!

I hope my daughter will be strumming by the weekend!
Jcolvin

Post by Jcolvin »

Looks very pretty! Nice finish work.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Your daughter will be thrilled. I hope all goes as planned this weekend. You did a great job.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

Ok, I have everything together, I just need to clean it up and do a little smudge removal, I still have a electronics kit to install.

This is a beautiful guitar! John "Blues Creek Guitars" did an awesome job putting the kit together for me!

THANK YOU JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will get some final pics in the "Show it off" forum over the next few days.

I'll try to get April playing and singing for you during the week.

Youtube link to my nephew playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR24CtJwy7c
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

this is looking very nice. I am sure your daughter has more than a guitar , she has a treasure.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
kelley71

Post by kelley71 »

Very beautiful instrument. You should be proud. You have created a family heirloom.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

you really did an outstanding job Benjy. John's kits are the best. We take his kits and breathe life into them, turning a kit into something that is unique and precious. You did this admirably.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com