My second one: A maple 00 14 fret

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
John J

My second one: A maple 00 14 fret

Post by John J »

I've just started my second kit, a KMG 00 14 fret maple kit with rosewood fingerboard and accents. I'll probably post a lot of pictures because, well, I like to. I know I enjoy seeing progress pictures so I hope I'm not overdoing it. I'm also starting a third one (this is addicting!) that I'll document separately. That will be my first scratch build (mostly).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: My second one: A maple 00 14 fret

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

You can never EVER post too many photos! I say that as an avid amateur photographer, and as a person who likes to photograph every little step, for later reference.

Your build is looking really good and I look forward to more photos.

Not to get off of the subject, but here is a photo library of photos I've taken around West Virginia. http://s141.photobucket.com/user/kauffm ... t=6&page=1
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
John J

Post by John J »

Got the rim sloped and contoured. Getting ready to glue in the rosette. It's all wood and I'm worried about the black bleeding into the top eithe when I glue and/or when sanding. Any tips?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.
John J

Post by John J »

Diane Kauffmds wrote:You can never EVER post too many photos! I say that as an avid amateur photographer, and as a person who likes to photograph every little step, for later reference.

Your build is looking really good and I look forward to more photos.

Not to get off of the subject, but here is a photo library of photos I've taken around West Virginia. http://s141.photobucket.com/user/kauffm ... t=6&page=1

Tried to look at your photos but it says the link doesn't exist.
Learning every day.
John J

Post by John J »

Got the rosette glued in last night. Came out nice. Starting on the top bracing later today.
Learning every day.
Zen

Post by Zen »

For some reason I cannot view any of the pics you posted and I'm getting a "No permission to view these pics " message
Anyone know whats that all about
Many Thanks
Rusty
RUSTY
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Zen wrote:For some reason I cannot view any of the pics you posted and I'm getting a "No permission to view these pics " message
Anyone know whats that all about
Many Thanks
Rusty
Rusty, send tippie33 a message about your permissions.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

The top is looking great. A light coat of shellac will keep the top clean and the black from your rosette from causing problems.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
John J

Post by John J »

Working on the top braces.
Learning every day.
John J

Post by John J »

More bracing.
Learning every day.