While lacquer dries

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Danl8

While lacquer dries

Post by Danl8 »

With a few bodies in finishing, I've decided to work on two classical guitars, one in brw /cedar (started) and the other in grw/alpine spruce. The pictured rosette is store bought. Haven't decided on the spruce rosette. Joining and bracing the grw back is next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kbore

Re: While lacquer dries

Post by Kbore »

Stunning.
Measure Twice,

Karl B
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

you found some nice wood for sure
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

The one on the left is near-perfect. Love it.

Ed
Ed M
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

Thanks for comments. Got the top and back joined and an alternate top in cedar, too, if I find trouble running thru the sander. The pictured top is euro spruce, alpine. I dated it 1Nov 1977, so it's dry and ready to go. Incredible tap tone at this stage. Bracing starts tomorrow; I'm using fish glue so this won't be a fast process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

Lots of delays this summer. Finally getting around to preparing the top for the Guatemalan rosewood guitar. I had a second rosette like on the cedar top, but didn't know whether it would fit, since it was 40+ years old. It did. Now cutting the soundhole and starting the bracing glue up.