My first Classical guitar

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Randy

Re: My first Classical guitar

Post by Randy »

That's a sweet box for your 1st Kevin, the top is unique I'm interested in your opinion on looks, response, and sound. Please let me know when she is strung...
Thanks
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

FP is done on the body, the neck and headstock are left. Hope to be gluing the bridge on this weekend sometime.
I will be rubbing this finish out with 0000 steel wool and wax, so giving it a few days to cure.
Kevin Sjostrand

This guitar is done. I will be redoing the face of the headstock though. Didn't wait long enough for the FP to harden there and the clamp on tuner left quite a mark. Pretty stupid on my part. Then I slipped a piece of card stock under the strings to protect the headstock when I filed the nut slots deeper.....removed the card stock and don't know how but also left an impression . Oh well it is shellac and easily fixed. My bad for rushing it. I will fix it next week when it will sit for a few days without me around to mess it up.
I strung it with la bella 2001 medium tension strings. It sounds really good. Strong punch long sustain sweet tone.
I have the action set at 3.5 mm 6 string at 12th fret, 2.5 mm 1st string. About .040 inch clearance under the first fret, a little high but still comfortable to play. I will hope to have real player play it sometime so I can really know what it do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

congratulations! The guitar looks great. I would love to hear it played.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

God Kevin, you did a really great job! Congrats.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Sorry the pics are so fuzzy. I'm sure my wife will take good photos of the guitar outside soon.
RnB

Post by RnB »

That's a fine looking guitar Kevin. Great work...!
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

That is very "Classy", congrats on a beautiful guitar!!!

Benjy