My 000 Deep Body Kit

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
MaineGeezer

Re: My 000 Deep Body Kit

Post by MaineGeezer »

You certainly did a better job of notching for the braces than I did. I ended up with gaps. It all got covered by the binding, but yours is neater.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi John,

I've looked at all of your photos, and you're doing a nice, precise, clean job of making your guitar, which is one of my fetishes. It's really coming out nice, and will be a beautiful guitar.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
John J

Post by John J »

To me there is no point in doing something if you're not going to do it well. I've decided to dedicate this guitar to my late father who very much instilled in me my love of all kinds of music. He was all Irish so this ones for you, Dad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.
John J

Post by John J »

Started on the routing. A little nerve wracking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.
John J

Post by John J »

Took the plunge so to speak and routed the back. In spite of myself and not following directions to the letter it came out very nice. I cut at full depth and height first pass instead of shallow cuts first. I will definitely to that on the top.
Learning every day.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Well that went well.
mnmusic

Post by mnmusic »

Quality workmanship John.

Ed
John J

Post by John J »

It's coming along. Cut out the rest of the neck mortise and test fit the neck. Feels like a guitar!
Learning every day.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

It's looking really great. IMO, routing the top and bottom for the binding was the scariest part of the entire build. Like you, I just took a deep breath and jumped in; in the end, it was much easier than I expected.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
John J

Post by John J »

Just got back from a little r&r in Florida (with a little spring training action). Routed the top and installed bindings and purfling. You're right Diane it's not nearly as difficult as I was imagining. Scraped and sanded it down and very pleased. Started on the frets this evening.
Learning every day.