My Ooops project, Working on a special strap.

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Benjy

Re: My Ooops project

Post by Benjy »

Now I started on the fret board. I installed the frets, filed the edges down to the side and installed the Fret board position markers and side markers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mnmusic

Post by mnmusic »

What are those two metal things on the neck where the fret board gets installed?

Ed
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

Those are guide pins. The back of the fret board has holes that line up with them.
mnmusic

Post by mnmusic »

Benjy wrote:Those are guide pins. The back of the fret board has holes that line up with them.
Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense now.

Ed
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Although I "finished" my OM right before Christmas, I just installed the side markers 2 days ago. LOL Your guitar is coming along really nicely Benjy.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

Thanks Diane!

Time to get this thread caught up!

I measured and marked the bridge placement.
Sanded everything down and sprayed the body and neck with sanding sealer. Wow! This is getting "real" now! Can't wait to finish this up.

I can't get my pictures to load so I will try and add them later.
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

Some pictures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

Finished gluing in the truss rod, fret board and drilling the tuning machine holes. Sealed and pore filled.
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

Sprayed the sanding sealer on the body.
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

Tuesday, I finished work on time and I was able to get a few coats of Watco Lacquer on the body and neck. So Saturday morning I did some level sanding and prepped the body for another round of clear. I really do like the sunburst finish so I decided to go for it. Here are a few pictures.