Second guitar-EI rosewood/carpathian OM

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Chuck73

Second guitar-EI rosewood/carpathian OM

Post by Chuck73 »

Glued the top and back on my second yesterday. It been going much faster and smoother than the first. I'm making it for my girlfriend; she wanted a Russian rosette and three piece back. I had some nice contrasting rosewood with no sides to match to use for the center wedge. Carpathian top, adi braces, the bridge plate is osage orange. The adi and osage orange are wood I cut myself. The adi was a blowdown left by the road in the adirondacks and the osage was a huge yard tree that the owner had cut down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chuck73 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck73

Re: Second guitar-EI rosewood/carpathian OM

Post by Chuck73 »

Couple more pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

It all looks really good!

Post by   »

We're fortunate to have really talented ladies and gents who participate in our Forum.
Looks great, Chuck.
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Good Lord in Heaven!... I think I am just going to finish the guitar I am building now and retire...

Beautiful...

Sincerely,
Rich
Chuck73

Post by Chuck73 »

Thanks for the compliments! While looking at the photos I've noticed that I forgot to glue in the 3 soundhole reinforcing strips. Shouldn't be hard at all to do through the sound-hole. I really like the color of the rosewood back. That center piece is unusually red. It doesn't show up well in the picture but there are black-bloodwood-black strips of purfling between the back panels.
Chuck73

Post by Chuck73 »

Simple bloodwood bindings on and sanded to 220.
Chuck73

Post by Chuck73 »

Another pic.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

It has a very nice classical styling. I love the use of the color, and the way you used the binding in your end graft.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Looking great! I did bloodwood on my last EIR dred and I like the dark complimenting contrast of the colors.

Kevin