New acoustic from Blues Creek Guitars for my oldest son...

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
justrfb

New acoustic from Blues Creek Guitars for my oldest son...

Post by justrfb »

Hello All.
I am happy to say I will be starting Number 4 soon! #1 was for our youngest son Willie and is documented here. #2 was a solid bodied licensed Strat kit for Willie also documented here, #3 is a semi hollow body ES-335 kit I am working on right now for Willie and #4 is for our oldest son, Mark! He broke his leg so he is immobilized now and picked up one of Willie's guitars!! I am happy to build him one and I said my next acoustic kit would be from John and Brenda @ Blues Creek Guitars. Thank you John and Brenda. Look for pics as soon as the box arrives.

Sincerely,
Rich
justrfb

Re: New acoustic from Blues Creek Guitars for my oldest son.

Post by justrfb »

Hello All,
Kit arrived last week (thanks John!) and has been acclimating in my shop for a few days... Tail block is glued to the rim, rim is ready to go into mold and neck block trimmed and ready to get glued in... Looking forward to a fun and "uneventful" build, I hope... Stay tuned for more.

Sincerely,
Rich
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

can't wait to see the end product
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Hello All.
Moving right along... Neck and tail blocks are glued in, rim in mold with kerfing going on and started gluing top braces, starting with the "X" braces. Slow go as I don't have a go bar deck and I am gluing with clamps and a caul. Pictures soon... So far, uneventful, thank you Jesus...

Sincerely,
Rich
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Looks like a fun project. Keep posting!
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Hello All.
Back onto this build since finishing the "ES 335" for Willie (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6725). Mark asked me again last night if his guitar (this one I am building) can be dark in color and different looking than his brothers (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6086) ... I told him I will stain the sides dark but the top will be light... Then Willie said, "Dad, what about a mahogany top for Mark's build?" I said, good idea... I will ask John in the morning if he can supply me with a new top and brace set. I will finish building the sitka top and save it for my next build. What do you think about a mahogany top? Willie says it may be real nice and a little more "bass-ie" than his... I am emailing John now for his opinion. Thanks to all for your help and support.

Sincerely,
Rich
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Hello.
John came through again... Beautiful mahogany top with a brace set arrived at our home the other day. It is going to be a very nice looking instrument thanks to the care and concern of John and Brenda at Blues Creek Guitars. Pictures soon...

Sincerely,
Rich
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Hello again...

Pictures.... Slow go without a go bar deck. I am liking the fish glue too (thanks John)!

Sincerely,
Rich
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Hello All.
Progressing slowly... Top and bottom bracing done and rim is almost ready for closing. Will take some more pics soon. Wish I could get more shop time...

Sincerely,
Rich
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Don't we all Rich. Keep er a goin!