EIR B&S Adi top

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
CavalierKingCharles

EIR B&S Adi top

Post by CavalierKingCharles »

Here's my next build. This will be my 4th full size Guitar.

Some EIR I've had in my shop for close to 20 years, It was around 60 years old when I got it.
Adirondack Red Spruce top, Florentine cutaway, Ebony fretboard and Headstock, Paua abalone purfling.
I'm still contemplating the rest...Here's a link http://sdrv.ms/16n1QxZ

Thanks for looking

SA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: EIR B&S Adi top

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Oh Boy! It's going to be a goodie!
Where'd you get the old EIR?

Kevin
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

I love that combo. I've built 3 with it, a dred, an OM and a 000 and I've got the wood to do another OM with a cutaway.
Tim Benware
CavalierKingCharles

Thanks guys,

I got the Rosewood from an old building I renovated. It's owned by a religious organization based in India.
When they asked me to do the work they said they had some old wood on the 3rd floor and wanted to know if I could use it.
It was all quarter sawn Oak and Chestnut, I used it for trim and cabinets. They said I could have the leftover.

It was a huge stack of wood. I was able to trim around 30 windows, 20 doors and built around 25' of cabinets.
Over in the corner was some other "leftover" wood that found it's way into the back of my truck.

I have no way to definitively say it's EIR but since that's where their from I'm guessing...

SA
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

looks like EIR from here! Good find!!
My son in law is Indian, lives in India, and I've been trying to get him to get me wood for years.........it is not that easy to get it there in small quantities.

Kevin
CavalierKingCharles

Making some progress
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

the nice thing about glue is that it gives you something to pick at when you watch tv
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
CavalierKingCharles

Hi all,

It's been a while since I visited this forum. I just spent the last hour or so going through a bunch of posts.
You folks are amazing! There's a serious amount of talent here, beautiful work by everyone.

I finally finished this build, looking back at the first post from 03-11-2013 I can't believe it took almost 2 years to finish.
It really was a struggle at times, especially the Nitro finish. I made lots of mistakes along the way...

Overall I'm very happy with the outcome. It sounds and plays great, it's also the loudest Guitar I ever played.

Thanks for looking.

SA
Phil

Post by Phil »

That's one beautiful looking guitar! Nice job!
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Wow; what a beautiful guitar! Given the age of the wood, it must sound outstanding. Do I see abalone around the rosette? I'm making my rosette for the first time and I'm inlaying abalone into it; but it won't be nearly as original as yours. Nicely done.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com