I am just doing what I do...

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
JVan

I am just doing what I do...

Post by JVan »

I haven't posted anything lately on the forum other than a few hello's and goodbye's, so I thought it was time to post a few pics of what I have been busy with. I am currently building 2 Koa OM styles guitars, one will be for my older brother, and the other one.... , ....well just because I had the wood? . :-) > what can I say, must be some kind of sickness.
The one Koa OM with the ebony bindings will be for my bro. The Koa OM with the curly binding will probably go up for sale someday.(?) There is also a rosewood Dred in one of the pictures, I am currently working on that one as well, I completed this guitar back in early November, wonderful little gem it was, but to make a long, long story real, real short, I had to replace the top on it, my fault on that one, I chose a pretty questionable top , and it bit me in the poo poo, so now I have got a new Englemann top on it now with herringbone purf and I will be moving all 3 into the finish process next. All three have been sealed with 2 coats of vinyl sealer to date and that's where I sit.
I will certainly try to post more often during builds instead of three months later, ( one of my new years resolutions that I just started today!)

Jeff
"keep your stick on the ice!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnparchem

Re: I am just doing what I do...

Post by johnnparchem »

Nice, I am always amazed when I see people working on multiple instruments at the same time. I am so disorganized that I have problems doing more than one.
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

Keep posting! Very nice.....my favorite is the koa with ebony bindings.
Slacker......
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Nice Jeff, I too John am amazed. It would be fun to try though, but not enough time.

Kevin
JVan

Post by JVan »

Thanks guys for the comments. I found that doing 2 or 3 at at time is beneficial to me as I have a very small shop to work with , 12' x 16', and have only 3 benches or work stations, so when I set up for a certain task, it is just easier for me to do them that way so I am not setting up and breaking down my jigs and such as much. And John, I am not the most organized either, but having the small shop like I do has helped me with that, it can get cluttered real quick if I don't stay on myself!

Jeff