Partscaster Stratmaster build

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
ctgblue

Partscaster Stratmaster build

Post by ctgblue »

Obtained the body from a luthier.
Black walnut top with mahogany back.
Was sanded to 220
Sanded to 400 then to 600 yesterday
added first sealer coat of tung oil cut with naptha
hanging from our treadmill to dry overnight
I am guessing 4-6 coats to do it right

Plan on the following
Mighty Mite three 'rail' pickguard, black pearl
Mighty Mite compound radius 22 fret neck with black locking tuners and roller trees
Hardtail bridge
I work hard and play hard. I lift heavy, ride a motorcycle, and play metal. I'm soon to be 'grandpa'.
If it's too loud you're too old. . . Crap, it's starting to get a little loud...
Darryl Young

Re: Partscaster Stratmaster build

Post by Darryl Young »

Coming right along.......
Slacker......
ctgblue

Post by ctgblue »

Now it has 4 coats of oil
got the headstock logo on, bought it off of ebay and had her do a custom logo (about $15 got a set of two of the same) glad it came with two as i left the first one in water too long and it was coming off as i removed it from the water, couldn't save it, nailed the second one though.
Had applied 1 coat of clear, applied the logo, seen below, this morning applied a second coat over the logo, I'll need one more to get it smoother.

I work hard and play hard. I lift heavy, ride a motorcycle, and play metal. I'm soon to be 'grandpa'.
If it's too loud you're too old. . . Crap, it's starting to get a little loud...
ctgblue

Post by ctgblue »

Finished, posted this last night but it went missing