1st build; time to stop dillydallying!

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
BEJ

Re: 1st build; time to stop dillydallying!

Post by BEJ »

Got a some work in on the new builds.... 2 with Bubinga B&S, 1 with Shedula B&S all with Sitka spruce SB... a few pics. Might have made the bridge plates a little too large but too late now.

Bruce,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Got a boat together the past few days should have a box tomorrow. a few pics....

Bruce,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Got a box finished yesterday, for some reason didn't notice the depth of the top braces, will need deeper bindings to cover. Will the screw ups ever stop, have to pay better attention to detail.....

Bruce,
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Got some neck rough out work done.....

Bruce,
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Some more work done, this time laminated Spanish cedar kerfing, a lot of extra work but I like the look and they are stiffer than hell and seem to tighten the box up.....

Bruce,
jread

Post by jread »

Interesting kerf. It does look like you can drive a car over it. On your previous post, i did the same thing on my 1st build. Just used wider binding like you. Then I learned to not cut thru the sides, just the kerning when making notches. This is a cool and unique build. Looking forward to updates.
banjopicks

Post by banjopicks »

Just reading this entire thread right now. I like the idea of building 3 at once. Had I done that, I could have tossed my first into the fireplace and still have hope for the other 2. Nice work here, thanks for posting it all.
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Thanks, the 3 way seems to work out ok for me too, just got the 3rd box done and getting ready for cutting channels and binding these guys, a few pics....a little rough still will look better after binding and sanding out I hope. Damm didn't notice the dust from sanding on 2 of them.

Bruce,
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Spent some time today reworking tools/jigs. Binding has always been something that has gone so so for me. Have tried different ways to do it and am still looking here is the last attempt and the new one....

Bruce,
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Getting set up to cut binding channels, going to try to add a BWB strip to match the rosette, first time addition to simple 1 element binding in past builds....

Bruce,