#2 Wormy Bearclaw

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
David L

Re: #2 Wormy Bearclaw

Post by David L »

Routed binding and purfling channels on back.

David L

David L

Post by David L »

Routed binding and purfling channel on the top.

David L

Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

Looking good David!

How did you handle the channel around the backstrip?
Slacker......
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Nice clean cuts David. Your jig worked well.

Kevin
nkwak

Post by nkwak »

Wow, that's a beauty David. I love your rosette. Great work with that jig too. I can't wait to see what the binding looks like when it's actually bent and on the guitar. :)
~ Neil
David L

Post by David L »

Darryl, I used my inlay tool to cut a slot in the flexable tongue of the routing jig, as I near the backstrip I look through the gap between the router and the jig, when I see the ede of the backstrip in the slot "I STOP", that puts the leading edge of the cut right up to the edge of the backstrip, two little cuts with a razor knife to square up the edge and that's how I do it.

David L
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Nice work on the channels. The back will look sharp with the purflings mitered into the back strip. I liked your way of noting the right place to stop; getting close but not cutting into the backstrip.
RnB

Post by RnB »

Yes, on the Rosette...Very nice! Esp w/ the binding of the soundhole edge. I'd like to see that done in person... :>)
nkwak

Post by nkwak »

David L wrote:Darryl, I used my inlay tool to cut a slot in the flexable tongue of the routing jig, as I near the backstrip I look through the gap between the router and the jig, when I see the ede of the backstrip in the slot "I STOP", that puts the leading edge of the cut right up to the edge of the backstrip, two little cuts with a razor knife to square up the edge and that's how I do it.

David L
I've have to remember that. I had a little tear out on my center strip and will have to splice in some purfling.

Again, nice job!
~ Neil
David L

Post by David L »

Thanks guys, got the purfling and binding on half of the back on and the glue is drying. It's killing me, I want to keep rolling but I gotta wait for the stinkin' glue to dry.

David L