Ditson cutaway

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
deadedith

Re: Ditson cutaway

Post by deadedith »

Mortise slot-cuttin, sandin', pore-fillin' time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Wow! The guitar body looks great. That is a nice cutaway.
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Thanks for the comments!
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

I don't know what Steve is playing here, but it's what I'm building more or less. Maybe I'll send him mine when it's done?? :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woody OKeefe

Post by Woody OKeefe »

I used to like you Dave but, you have surpassed my skills so now I admire you. Don't get a big head. I love the three piece back. I used to like Kencierp too, but he keeps adding to my addiction. Now I have to do a Ditson 12 fret with a three piece back. You guys are not helping. My wife wants me to start selling some guitars. Damn they keep getting better how can I part with them. Is there a 12 step process for luthiers .

The Ditson cutaway is absolutely A1!!!
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!!
Wait - that's the wrong line.
Seriously, I'm not more accomplished - you do fine work, Woody, we're progressing together.

Anyway thanks for the good words!
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Wanted to start pore filling today but the shop did not get above 45 yesterday or today so far, so I spent the morning closing gaps in the cowboy shop, hanging a little more insulation etc.

Here's my finishing kit.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Wait a minute, there's no sound hole in that top!!
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

New design, if you saw it I would have to harm you!!
Actually I figure my glue joints are so uneven that the sound will get out somehow...
Jim_H

Post by Jim_H »

And it's made of cardboard! o.0
My poorly maintained "Blog"