2nd kit

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
SKBarbour

Re: 2nd kit

Post by SKBarbour »

well....I can honestly say that brushing onto a flat surface was much easier than brushing onto a guitar no matter how flat you have the sides you have runs. also had trouble with some small air bubbles. They tend to scrape off rather easily though. Doing alot of level sanding after the coats so I will have one more day to put a couple more coats on before I'm done. Will definately be looking into some spray equipment for the next go 'round.
kyle
SKBarbour

Re: 2nd kit getting close

Post by SKBarbour »

It's been a while since I've last updated so here are the latest pics. As it sits I need to locate a threaded tuner bushing. One of the bushing threads were not completely cut. Have not had much luck through the normal resources (stew mac,LMI) so if you know where I can find one please let me know. If I don't come up with something I will order a set of tuners in a few days. I'll take suggestions on those also.Other than that It's just a matter of stringing it up and doing the set up. I'm looking forward to playing it. Although there are a few blemishes It looks alot better than my first kit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kyle
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

looks great from here .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
David L

Post by David L »

Looks great Kyle, is that abalone purfling?

David L
SKBarbour

Post by SKBarbour »

Sorry Ken, I didn't get it, but no big deal I actually ordered some other tuners already. David yes it is abalone purf.
kyle