Bending problems

Questions and answers for beginners. If you have a question, so do most other people.

Re: Bending problems

Post by   »

benjoo wrote:Problem is that I am not from the states, would buy it immidiately for that price otherwise...

Benjoo
Is it a shipping cost issue?
A voltage difference issue?
benjoo

Post by benjoo »

tommyboy wrote:
benjoo wrote:Problem is that I am not from the states, would buy it immidiately for that price otherwise...

Benjoo
Is it a shipping cost issue?
A voltage difference issue?
well its the shipping complications with those kind of things that need to have certain electricity certificates

Benjoo
benjoo

Post by benjoo »

So I bought the heating blanket including metal sheets a month ago and have bent three sets of sides until now. I am making two different guitar shapes and the molds and bending jigs are made on a CNC machine. So the sides fit into the mold after bending but they happen to have some tension still, i would need some wooden clamps to get them perfectly aligned to the shape of the mold. My question now is wheather this is normal or would that give me some problems? I mean tonal effects or problems arising after some years, like cracking or whatever...

Benjoo
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

I use spreaders and screw in the neck and tail blocks. This is normal after all , wood will bend differently so as long as your close you are fine. The wood will accept that .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com