Buying a part kit?

Questions and answers for beginners. If you have a question, so do most other people.
stevegullick

Buying a part kit?

Post by stevegullick »

I am looking to start my second build. Here in the UK we dont have , or I cant find and guitar kit suppliers, though there are polenty of people who will sell good wood etc. Do bluescreek or anyone else supply a part kit? ie, bent sides bookmatched back and pre-shaped neck?

This would save me an awful lot of money on import duties., postage and UK tax.

Thanks
tippie53

Re: Buying a part kit?

Post by tippie53 »

yes we do sell parts or complete kits
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
stevegullick

Post by stevegullick »

I very much like the look of your OM maple kit, but in order to keep costs and postage etc down, I would be looking at the pre-joind back, sides, top and bottom block and neck/truss rod. Would that be feasable? I would also need a mold and possibly a plan

Cheers
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

The guitar kit from John is excellent and does not weigh much at all - I have built 4 from him and each of them was a little off of standard and he accommodated wonderfully. I maple OM/000 would be a pretty nice instrument. I might go for Carpathian spruce for the top as it will stay a little lighter than Sitka will. A mold is pretty easy to build if you ave basic tools. Perhaps you could pick up tuners, strings and a mold where you are and I bet the box would not weigh more than 3 pounds.

Ed
Ed M