Ready to buy

Questions and answers for beginners. If you have a question, so do most other people.
garrettrl24

Ready to buy

Post by garrettrl24 »

It's Time ! After months of research I am ready to purchase a kit, but which one ? I have read Bill Cory's book ,this forum and much more,but I still can't make up my mind.
Thanks
Rick Garrett
tippie53

Re: Ready to buy

Post by tippie53 »

I can tell you that we at Blues Creek will do all we can to help. We have over 80 vids on you tube. We are here to help. We offer to type of kits the actual kits from CF Martin and we make our own. Martin kits are made up of 2nds from the production floor and are usually cheaper.
your first guitar will be the learning one so think about end result and the cost of learning. We do all we can to help you complete this. I am also an authorized Martin repair center and make the molds they sell at GMC.

you decide what you need , and we can also base a kit for you to keep things simple. Enjoy the journey
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
michaeld

Post by michaeld »

I bought a OOO kit from Blues Creek and made my own mold. I was very happy with the kit, and I didn't have any problems building it using Bill Cory's book, John Hall's advice, and the experiences of everyone on this forum. If I build another kit, I will definitely buy from Blues Creek.

Mike

Post by   »

If you don't take advantage of Blues Creek quality parts and John Hall's expertise
you will be doing yourself one helluva disservice.

-tommy
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

I have bought all 4 of my kits from John and there are big advantages. One is that he is quite reasonable in price compared to others.

But the biggest is that he will make you any kit you want. I didn't want a standard D or 000, so my first was a pre 1930 bodied L-1, second was a 000 12 fret with a deep body, third was a pre 1930 Nick Lucas, and this most recent is a Gibson LG-2 3/4 size with a 13 fret neck that he had to make a bending form for.

John will accommodate anything you want.

Ed Minch
Ed M
Tim

Post by Tim »

You absolutely can't go wrong with Blues creek. John has been an much needed resource for me since my first build. He is one of the most knowledgeable luthiers and is always available. Go for it and have fun.
watergunn

Post by watergunn »

I got started with a kit from John Hall. I just had my two year anniversary building guitars and I just started my 17th one with a back and side set I got from John.

John stands behind what he sells.

He also answers any and all questions that spring up. Sometimes even late at night!

Rick Gunn