Question about bridgeplate, neck block...

Questions and answers for beginners. If you have a question, so do most other people.
kencierp

Re: Question about bridgeplate, neck block...

Post by kencierp »

The front edge of the "X" intersection should be 1 1/2" from the edge of the sound hole -- if the brace pattern was set 1" from the sound hole ("X" brace forward - pre-war) you'd see that gap. However the "X" angle on a pre-war is different then a modern "D" and it is not just matter of moving the pattern forward.
Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

Here is a picture of the bridgeplate sitting between the premarked lines, which, according to measurements, are correctly scribed. Thoughts?
Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

The intersection of the x braces is exactly 1/4 inch from the bottom edge of the soundhole. I assume this is the problem and explains the gap between the bridgeplates and x braces. Can I just move the x braces down 1/4 inch? and re-plot? I moved the whole shebang down 1/4 inch to make the intersection of the x braces 1/2 inch from the bottom of the soundhole and the bridgeplate fit like a glove.
kencierp

Post by kencierp »

I assume you meant your "X" intersection is at 1 1/4" -- right? And if that is the case re-align the pattern using the lines toward the tail block --- where did you get the kit?
Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

That's exactly right Ken. I got the kit from blues creek. I think the whole pattern is 1/4 to far towards the neck block...I'll do exactly what you say, that'll work great! I love this place!
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

bridge plate may be a 000 and you need the D size. Not a problem I am sure you can get that replaced.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com