Inexpensive new tool

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Stray Feathers

Inexpensive new tool

Post by Stray Feathers »

While setting up a new 12-string, I went through many destringings and restringings. I left the strings attached at the peghead while adjusting the saddle, and found I spent a lot of time untangling strings to get them back on the guitar - especially with twice as many lighter gauge strings. I tried tying them into a bunch with tape, which didn't help. Then I made this "tool" to hold them in some order, and it worked. I'm sure someone else has done this, and maybe there is even a commercial version out there somewhere, but it was new for me, and if it helps someone, good. It made life a whole lot easier, and for the cost of a cereal box. Bruce W.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TEETERFAN

Re: Inexpensive new tool

Post by TEETERFAN »

Very clever! I got to make one because those runaway strings are the devil. I throw a capo as high as possible, but things still get tangled. Thanks for sharing!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

Just think of the fun that awaits someone who's built a pinless 12-string bridge...with a slothead.
peter havriluk
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I love this idea. Even 6 strings get tangled, which is irritating. Thanks for the idea. Archtops are particularly vexing creatures when replacing the nut. This idea is great.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com