Micro-Mark Tools

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Stray Feathers

Micro-Mark Tools

Post by Stray Feathers »

Does anyone have any experience with Micro-Mark Tools? Since I bought a jeweller's drawplate for making some very thin dowels, they've been sending me catalogues. While their stuff is geared heavily towards modelling, I've seen a lot of things that could be used by luthiers, e.g. very small carving tools for inlay, small power tools for working in difficult spots, etc. Most recently I see a new device that would allow luthiers to insert a camera on a flex shaft into an instrument body, and view the footage on a small screen in the hand-held unit. I'm curious about the quality of their offerings, which LOOK pretty good. Bruce W.
tippie53

Re: Micro-Mark Tools

Post by tippie53 »

I don't but some here may have
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Bob Gleason

Re: Micro-Mark Tools

Post by Bob Gleason »

They have a lot of interesting things. Over priced and many are minimalist. Stay away from any of their 12 volt tools. I tried a couple, but returned them. I have their mini tablesaw, 110volt, that was not cheap, that i thought might work for some really tiny stuff. Works, but I should have spent a bit more $ and bought a better one. I'm wracking my 75 year old brain to see if I can come up with anything that I bought from them that I really like. Nope. Can't! They are pretty nice about accepting returns.