CNC and you

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
sylvan

Re: CNC and you

Post by sylvan »

I have had a lot of interest in such a course. Therefore, I am setting up the course for August 7 and 8 at my shop in Ormond Beach FL. Cost will be $250 per person with a limit of six people. $100 deposit guarantees you a seat. Paypal to sylvan@wellsguitars.com. What you learn and experience will include vacuum jigs for fretboards and headstock design, how to hold items securely while cutting without clamps, bits you really need for guitar work and places to buy them, cnc software choices and recommendations, and many other items which will make your cnc experience truly worth the time you have invested in the software and machinery. Any questions email me a sylvan@wellsguitars.com.
Sylvan Wells
Wells Guitars
Bay State Guitars
http://www.wellsguitars.com
http://www.baystateguitars.com
Skarsaune

Post by Skarsaune »

AluminumTop wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:42 pm Vcarvers, a question,
Can your control accept a 3D contouring path from an outside cam system gcode (Fadal / Fanuc / Haas) anyone want to do a violin bridge?
If it’s gcode, you can bypass vectric/vCarve and just feed it to the machine directly, as long as the post processor was set up compatible with your machine. The machine control runs gcode, masterCaM/vCarve etc generate gcode.

The program would need to be well annotated with tool descriptions, etc.

We do have CIMCO at work which can run a simulation/backplot on any gcode you feed it.
Skarsaune

Post by Skarsaune »

As far as my own CNC, no guitar work lately but I did the mortises for this bench on mine:
DED93CFF-AA8A-4584-BAF2-F57ED1F4642E.jpeg

And I did some relief carving for the local art center:
6031B552-D87B-47F4-9AB5-949AD67927DB.jpeg
Humidity is too high to do much guitar work in my shop at the moment. And busy season around the farm, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Skarsaune wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:42 pm As far as my own CNC, no guitar work lately but I did the mortises for this bench on mine:DED93CFF-AA8A-4584-BAF2-F57ED1F4642E.jpeg

And I did some relief carving for the local art center:6031B552-D87B-47F4-9AB5-949AD67927DB.jpeg

Humidity is too high to do much guitar work in my shop at the moment. And busy season around the farm, too.
Beautiful work
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
rcnewcomb

Post by rcnewcomb »

Cool, to send mcam 3D to the machine here is a sample file to play back.
No joy on MasterCam and importing the Gcode. Other MasterCam users indicate that Ncsimul or vericut can.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out - another good day in the shop