Guitar Build/Repair vise

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
RHayes

Guitar Build/Repair vise

Post by RHayes »

I almost bought one of these from Stewmac last summer when they had 50.00 off. Was hoping they would put it on sale again but ended up buying Woodcraft's version with a 10% off code. The higher priced Stewmac version gets you a hand wheel and threaded studs with nyloc nuts to hold the jaws in stead of bolts as on the Woodcraft, and a few other suppliers. Its otherwise the same Taiwan casting thats been around for many years.

I sold a Yamaha guitar picked up at a yard sale so I have no regrets making the purchase and can understand why so many builders say they wouldn't be without one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Guitar Build/Repair vise

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Very nice. I'm in Parkersburg, WV, the home to Woodcraft. They know me by name. Lol.

BTW, I'm a veteran. Woodcraft gives all veterans a 10% discount.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
RHayes

Post by RHayes »

I've bought a few things from them over many years. I remember when the catalog would arrive I would sit outside the post office and look it over from cover to cover before I could drive off. Not sure if they even have a catalog anymore. I know Stewmac did away with theirs.
carld05

Post by carld05 »

They still have catalogues, monthly sales and quarterly. I just got the midwinter 2021 one yesterday. Since you ordered the vise from them I'll bet you will get them now.
RHayes

Post by RHayes »

A catalog arrived!! Now I want a thickness sander....
carld05

Post by carld05 »

Where are you Mr. Hayes? I'll have a performax 16-32 for sale when I get new conveyor bushings delivered. I'm north of Sacramento, CA.
RHayes

Post by RHayes »

Darn, I'm up in the Idaho panhandle.
Stray Feathers

Post by Stray Feathers »

The Lee Valley version looks identical but is light green, and easier to get one for those of us north of the border. I too don't know how I got along without one.