Thoughts on a Parks Planer?

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Morecowbell

Thoughts on a Parks Planer?

Post by Morecowbell »

One of these popped up close by and looks like a deal, so just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and could tell me anything to look or watch out for. Saw it today, blades are freshly sharpened and set, infeed and outfeed rollers need adjustment, 1hp motor, doesn't look like its been abused. Its the Craftsman version so no belt cover (wow).

Thanks!

Clay
"Facts seldom sway an opinion." - John Hall
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference." - Van de Snepscheut
MaineGeezer

Re: Thoughts on a Parks Planer?

Post by MaineGeezer »

If It's what I think it is, and if I wanted a planer, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Morecowbell

Re: Thoughts on a Parks Planer?

Post by Morecowbell »

Its the cast iron 12" planer that was made from like the 40's to the 80's. People seem to like them, parts are still available, lots of info out there on adjustments, etc. I actually like my tabletop planer more than I thought I would but this one will do a bit more. Will try to bring it home tomorrow.
"Facts seldom sway an opinion." - John Hall
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference." - Van de Snepscheut