Excellent countersink

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Stray Feathers

Re: Excellent countersink

Post by Stray Feathers »

I have great respect for people like Maine Geezer who know this stuff - I was glazing over recently trying to sort out a bit with pilot for reaming out ukulele tuner holes, and gave up and bought the one Stew Mac sells. Sure as heck I would have had one for landing gear bolts on a 747 . . .
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

Good move to get the StewMac drill. It's probably custom-made for StewMac and a machine tool catalog wouldn't have anything comparable anyway.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Stray Feathers

Post by Stray Feathers »

Just to tie up loose ends here - I finished an ebony bridge and used the countersink on the pin holes - the smaller of the two worked fine. This is right out of the drill press, no clean up or sanding etc. I think these are great tools. Bruce W.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kbore

Post by Kbore »

Stray Feathers wrote:I ordered two of these countersinks, this one and one larger, from Lee Valley, on the strength of their description, and was not disappointed. ..... I'm looking forward to using them to bevel bridge pin holes. Bruce W.
THANK YOU for sharing that. And I just ordered from them Monday...rats... : )
Measure Twice,

Karl B