KMG Binding Jig copy

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Talladam

Re: KMG Binding Jig copy

Post by Talladam »

It's a laminate trimmer but the way it's mounted I'm thinking router table rules apply.
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

One more thing , with this machine your rout cutting so use a piece of tape on the sides , make the first cut , then make your final clean up cut with the tape off. That little bit makes for a nice clean rout and the tape supports the grain to help control tear out.

John

You say that the tape supports the grain for tear out - where is the tape? I am thinking along the side to hold the bit away a little, then with the tape off, the bit moves that much closer for the final cut - what grain is being supported??

Ed
Ed M
Talladam

Post by Talladam »

Here's my foam cradle. By coincidence I also told my wife we need a new 'foamie' camping mattress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

The foam cradle Ken supplied had a perimeter a couple of inches wide, the center was cut out. I think Ken kept mention of the pad vague and never offered pictures. I suspect he wasn't interested in enabling copies.
peter havriluk
Talladam

Post by Talladam »

Ahh! That makes total sense. That's why the guitar is hard to push down. If I change it I'll probably have to take some of the shims out from under the jig.

Thanks! That's a detail that is hard to find.