StewMac's Painting Fixture

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Dobroguy

StewMac's Painting Fixture

Post by Dobroguy »

I built this BCG HD-28 over the past winter. Hip replacement surgery, a wickedly cold spring and oppressively hot summer delayed the painting process for me. I paint outside in my garage. Anyway, the weather has finally allowed me to finish this project. This stand rotates 360 degrees and allows you to apply a complete coat of paint on the body in "one shot". This significantly reduces the time required to apply a full coat ( at least for me). No more waiting for the top to dry before painting the back etc. It's a great tool especially for the rattle can users among us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: StewMac's Painting Fixture

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Very neat. Thanks for posting.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
carld05

Post by carld05 »

I mounted the fixture on a base (a pallet) w/ball type casters, a 6"x6" post w/a small vise to clamp the fixture. This allows me to easily rotate the fixture so the overspray is directed into the exhaust fan. The post also has a vertical pin that fits the guitar holder so you can spray in another orientation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

great to have floor space for that. Looks like it works just right

Ed
Ed M