Black AR glue

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Stray Feathers

Black AR glue

Post by Stray Feathers »

In my wife's picture framing business, we have started using an AR glue from one supplier that is grey when wet, but dries black. It's handy when working with black frames, of course. I used it on my first two builds when gluing white styrene rod as fingerboard side dots on EIR fingerboards. It occurs to me it might also be useful on ebony (which I am using for headplate on number 3). The brand is Maxim, produced by a company called KoolTack that makes foam core for reversible dry mounting: http://www.kooltack.com/our-products/ad ... -wood-glue This glue is strong and works fast (good for framing.)

If you are looking for it, you might be able to get a local frame shop to order it in for you (might have to order 16 oz. quantities). Wood dust mixed with epoxy or white AR works, but the black might be good in some situations. They warn that it can stain lighter woods. Couple of photos below. Bruce W.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaineGeezer

Re: Black AR glue

Post by MaineGeezer »

The link is broken.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Stray Feathers

Re: Black AR glue

Post by Stray Feathers »

Try here: http://www.kooltack.com/our-products/ad ... black-glue

Edit: - Sorry, you are right about the link, no product information there, but that's who makes it. We get it from a wholesale frame supplier in Canada called Folkgraphis, not sure who sells it in the US, but frame shops may get it in for you. One US supplier may be Skyline Pictures dot com. Bruce W.