Notched fretboard straight edge

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Bob Gleason

Notched fretboard straight edge

Post by Bob Gleason »

I made one of these today. Pretty easy to make. A lot of folks don't see any use for a tool like this, but it certainly aids me in setting a dovetail neck. http://www.pegasusguitars.com/making-a- ... -edge.html

Bob
Danl8

Re: Notched fretboard straight edge

Post by Danl8 »

I need to do this. Thanks for showing the way!

-d.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Great idea. Thanks for posting.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

I'm making these now for each new scale length as I build. Once you've figured out how to make them, a new one takes only 15 minutes or so to make.I use 8 or 9 scale lengths, and I'll make them double sided as I encounter similar lengths.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

Bob Gleason wrote:I'm making these now for each new scale length as I build. Once you've figured out how to make them, a new one takes only 15 minutes or so to make.I use 8 or 9 scale lengths, and I'll make them double sided as I encounter similar lengths.

They look good, but whatever they are laying on looks spectacular!
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

That's sort of an "O" size steel string. Since I live in Hawaii, having come here 35 years ago from the Calif. coast, my typical woods are curly koa T/B/S and curly redwood tops. Over the years I've gravitated to smaller guitars and don't build anything much larger than a "00" ish size anymore.