Caliper on sale

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Bob Gleason

Caliper on sale

Post by Bob Gleason »

Even though I have a few different thickness measuring devices, I recently bought this one on sale from International Violin Company. I believe it was $38.00, after shipping. I like it quite a bit. Measures very much the same value as my expensive German one, which literally cost 9 times as much currently, except it has a much wider range of measurement size. Pretty versitile. The one thing I can’t testify to yet is battery life. Many of the various battery tools I’ve bought over the years have long since been thrown out because they basically never turned off and burned through batteries, even though the display was not shown. Those are not even worth keeping.

https://www.internationalviolin.com/Pro ... e--6-reach
Kbore

Re: Caliper on sale

Post by Kbore »

That was an interesting site. Thank you. Caliper is still on sale too!
Measure Twice,

Karl B
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Is the digital portion of that tool different than the digital portion of the $15 digital micrometers?

Looks interesting

Ed
Ed M
yellowesty

Post by yellowesty »

Thanks, Bob. Just ordered one.
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Ed- I don't know the answer to that one. What makes this tool interesting to me is the combination of the length of the reach and height of the reach in one tool. It is unlike any other measuring tools that I know of. BTW, I drilled a hole in the handle for hanging, which is made from some kind of hard plastic. If you do that, run your drill at a slow speed or you'll get a hole surrounded by a raised collar of melted plastic like I did. It chisels off, but not easily!--Bob
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

I purchased one of these about 6 years ago, I think it is I-Gaging brand, and I use it as my thickness gauge for tops, backs and sides. I think I paid around $25 for it a Woodcraft.
It works great and is way more cheaper(how do you like that millennial lingo).

I would recommend this type of measuring tool.

Kevin