Surface plate on sale

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Danl8

Surface plate on sale

Post by Danl8 »

Woodcraft's current sale flyer has a surface plate at a little over $20, so I thought I would get it. It's 6x2x18" a little big for leveling frets (but doable) and a pinch small for top/back center joints. I plan to use four hands whenever holding over a built guitar. ;-) It's heavy enough to do some damage. Anyone interested -- the sale runs til the end of February.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Surface plate on sale

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hey, thanks! I get their sale flyers all the time, but I missed this one.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

Sure don't need more than that to test how level the neck is before gluing on the fretboard, or seeing how true the fretboard is after it's installed on the neck. Sounds to me like a really inexpensive tool that can be use to do a whole lot of good.

Anybody who can easily get to a vendor of stone countertops may well scare up a piece this size or larger. I suspect the price would depend on the phases of the moon and how much the shop needed some income...
peter havriluk
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Peter

A granite counter top may or may not be flat to .0001" over 12". You don't need that much for woodworking, but I have seen countertops with a good sized dip in them

Ed
Ed M
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

ruby@magpage.com wrote:Peter

A granite counter top may or may not be flat to .0001" over 12". You don't need that much for woodworking, but I have seen countertops with a good sized dip in them

Ed
That's a good perspective. Thanks for the heads-up.
peter havriluk