Anyone used LMI body mold with a martin kit?

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
OldManGuitarGuy

Anyone used LMI body mold with a martin kit?

Post by OldManGuitarGuy »

Looking at body molds as maybe something nice to have. Prices are all over if you include spreaders. LMI's design looks very good, but I wonder if theirs are standard size and would work fine with a Blues Creek or StewMack dreadnought kit.

Anyone tried?
tippie53

Re: Anyone used LMI body mold with a martin kit?

Post by tippie53 »

It may work but the spreader is useless. A spreader is used and should be in the guitar till the top and back are placed. So this will not come out through the sound hole. It is also MDF but should be ok. If you have to add some to the sides you can always add a bit at the joints as the tail wedge and neck .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
OldManGuitarGuy

Post by OldManGuitarGuy »

tippie53 wrote:It may work but the spreader is useless. A spreader is used and should be in the guitar till the top and back are placed. So this will not come out through the sound hole. It is also MDF but should be ok. If you have to add some to the sides you can always add a bit at the joints as the tail wedge and neck .
Thanks, that's an answer from an expert.....just what I needed!
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

I have gotten 8 molds, 4 guitar and 4 ukulele from Blues Creek Guitars, They are by far the highest quality of any that I have seen. I could not see buying any of the others.