String winder

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Bob Gleason

Re: String winder

Post by Bob Gleason »

MG--That's a great skill knowing how to make drawings on the computer. Just curious, is the handle on your winder loose so that it can rotate? I'm not sure how to make the slot in the Delrin on my little manual mill, but I guess I can drill the rounded ends first and then adjust the angle of the piece to make the angled slot sides.--Bob
MaineGeezer

Re: String winder

Post by MaineGeezer »

Yes -- the screw is a sliding fit in the hole in the arm, and when you tighten it leave it just loose enough so the handle will turn. Tapped holes in the Delrin tend to be a bit snug, so the screw should stay where you set it.

To do the pocket, drill two 1/4" diameter holes 7/8" apart on a diameter, and dirll a 3/8" diameter hole in the center. Then clean out the material in between. If you don't have a rotary table, this would be a good excuse to get one. <grin>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion