Humidity concerns

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
David L

Re: Humidity concerns

Post by David L »

Here is a picture of my hygrometer. The reason it is a little overbuilt is beacause I don't have a place to permanently mount it so that it is out of the way, it is going to get moved around some and I wanted to have some protection for the fragile thermometers, hence the walnut frame around it. I tested it by taking a reading outside (in the shade of course) and comparing my reading to what our local weather RH reading was. Here in south Louisiana we have crazy humidity, there is a lake (big lake) four miles south, a swamp five miles east and marshland in between so humidity can vary wildly from nieghborhood to nieghborhood, this is evident as the posted readings that I referenced from around my area differed to some degree. My reading was right in the mix of them all, I believe it will be accurate enough to build a guitar, this is what I'm going to use, I've done the best I can to address this issue, so stick a fork in me, I'm done! Thanks for the help everyone.

David L
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

nice job
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Tarhead

Post by Tarhead »

That turned out nice!
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Works AND looks really cool. What more could you ask for?

Tim B
Tim Benware